Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest is the first commercial title I’ve worked on at Amaze Entertainment. It falls
into the action adventure genre, and follows the storyline of the Disney movie. In addition to the main single-player
campaign, this title features a co-op multi-player mode and three mini-games: Walk the Plank, Shoot the Monkey, and
- Release date
- June 27, 2006
- Nintendo DS
- Griptonite Games
- Amaze Entertainment
- Buena Vista Games
- Implementing all of the game’s world objects: pickups, breakables, obstacles, and puzzle elements.
- Adding bone-based paper-dolling support (i.e. having Jack Sparrow wear a hat and wield a sword).
- Programming the three of the mini-games included in the title (single and multi-player modes).
- Designing and implementing the AI for several unconventional enemies and bosses.
- Defining and implementing the studio’s first fixed rail camera system (which included various effects).
- Implementing scripting support for most of the game’s features (triggers, object placement, event hooks).