I work on open source projects during my free time. Some applications were developed in response to specific needs,
others for fun alone. I primarily use and develop for Linux, but aim for cross-platform compatibility when possible.
Most of my work is available on GitHub. Look for the Octocat in the upper right corner on
specific project pages to access the corresponding repository! I welcome your code contributions and suggestions.
These projects are ready to be used, but are still under active development.
- Anki-Connect: Anki plugin to expose a remote API for creating flash cards.
- Goldsmith: Static pipeline-based website generator written in Go.
- MdView: Tool to view Github Flavored Markdown files in your web browser.
- Vim-ArgWrap: Wrap and unwrap function arguments, lists, and dictionaries in Vim.
- Yomichan: Japanese pop-up dictionary extension for Chrome and Firefox.
- Yomichan Import: External dictionary importer for the Yomichan browser extension.
These projects have either met or exceeded the goals I had envisioned for them.
- AnkiJoy: Gamepad input plugin for Anki on Linux-based systems.
- Bitmap to ASCII Converter: Colored ASCII art generator that I wrote a really long time ago.
- HLM2-Wad-Extract: Asset extractor for Hotline Miami 2 WAD files.
- Homemaker: Efficiently manage your dot-file configuration settings.
- JMDict: Library for processing JMDict, JMnedict, and KANJDIC Japanese dictionaries.
- Mangle: Manga processor for the Kindle e-book reader.
- Md2Vim: Tool for automatically converting markdown to vimdoc format.
- Metacall: Cross platform C++ template-based IPC library.
- Restaurant Search: Kansei-based semantic restaurant search engine prototype.
- Scrawl: Command line CSS selector-based web scraper and downloader.
- Tetrys: Simple Tetris clone written in Python.
- Yomichan for Anki: Plugin for sentence/vocab mining Japanese books in Anki.
- Zero-EPWING: Sane data exporter for an insane dictionary format.
These projects were abandoned due to lack of time or interest, but may be of use as reference.
- Lazarus: Modern reimplementation of the Diablo 2 engine.
- Meganekko: Flash card program I created and used prior to switching to Anki.
- Moonfall: Role playing game that combines farm simulation with survival horror.
- Versioning File System: Simple versioning file system created for Linux with FUSE.