I work on various personal projects during my free time. Most of these programs were developed in response to specific
needs; however some were written for fun alone. Although I primarily use and develop for Linux, I strive for
cross-platform compatibility in my software.
I rely every day on free software, and do my part to contribute to the open source movement. The source code for most of
my software is available on my GitHub page for viewing. I eagerly welcome high quality
code contributions and suggestions.
These projects are ready to be used, but are still under active development.
- AnkiConnect: Anki plugin to expose a remote API for creating flash cards.
- Goldsmith: Static pipeline-based website generator written in Go.
- Vim-ArgWrap: Wrap and unwrap function arguments, lists, and dictionaries in Vim.
- Yomichan Import: External dictionary importer for the Yomichan browser extension.
- Yomichan: Japanese pop-up dictionary extension for Chrome and Firefox.
These projects have either met or exceeded the goals I had envisioned for them.
- AnkiJoy: Gamepad input plugin for Anki on Linux-based systems.
- Bitmap to ASCII Converter: Colored ASCII art generator that I wrote a really long time ago.
- HLM2-Wad-Extract: Asset extractor for Hotline Miami 2 WAD files.
- Homemaker: Efficiently manage your dot-file configuration settings.
- JMDict: Library for processing JMDict, JMnedict, and KANJDIC Japanese dictionaries.
- Mangle: Manga processor for the Kindle e-book reader.
- Md2Vim: Tool for automatically converting markdown to vimdoc format.
- Metacall: Cross platform C++ template-based IPC library.
- Restaurant Search: Kansei-based semantic restaurant search engine prototype.
- Scrawl: Command line CSS selector-based web scraper and downloader.
- Tetrys: Simple Tetris clone written in Python.
- Yomichan Anki: Plugin for sentence/vocab mining Japanese books in Anki.
- Zero-EPWING: Sane data exporter for an insane dictionary format.
These projects were abandoned due to lack of time or interest, but may be of use as reference.
- Lazarus: Modern reimplementation of the Diablo 2 engine.
- Meganekko: Flash card program I created and used prior to switching to Anki.
- Moonfall: Role playing game that combines farm simulation with survival horror.
- Versioning File System: Simple versioning file system created for Linux with FUSE.