MdView is a tool for viewing GitHub Flavored Markdown files in your web browser.
MdView recursively renders the parent directory of the user-provided file and serves its contents over HTTP on port
8080. The default browser is then launched, displaying the Markdown file as an HTML document.
- Works on Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
- Single executable; no installation or configuration required.
- Preview is automatically refreshed when source files change.
- Output supports GitHub styles, including light and dark modes.
- Automatically skips any included front matter header data.
Simply execute MdView with the path of the Markdown file you wish to view:
$ mdview path/to/file.md
Execute MdView with
--help to view options:
Usage mdview [options] [path]
port (default 8080)
If you already have the Go environment and toolchain set up, you can get the latest version by running:
$ go install foosoft.net/projects/mdview@latest
Otherwise, you can use the pre-built binaries from the project page.